Hi Pixie Pals!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the sweet comments on my Pixie HeartStrings FaceBook page! It means so much to be complimented by such wonderfully talented women! Seriously...there are some awesome crochet artists & crafters out there!
I was asked to share the pattern for my Sea Glass Inspired Baby Blanket. So I thought..."I don't even know what it is called. Sure. Why not?"...ha ha! So here you go...
Sea Glass Inspired Baby Blanket
Worsted Weight Yarn (size you choose to make will determine how much you need).
Main Color (MC) you will need at least twice as much of this.
Contrasting Color (CC)
- Decide how wide you want your blanket to be. Make a base chain with your MC. End with an uneven # of chains.
- SC in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across. Fasten off. This is your Right Side (RS).
- With RS facing you and with CC, *SC in 1st SC, chain 1, skip next SC, SC in next SC* across ending with a SC in last SC. DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
- With RS facing you and with MC, attach MC with a SS and chain 3 in 1st SC. In chain 1 space make a cluster with 3 DC (YO, insert hook in ch 1 space, [pull up a loop and pull through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, YO and pull through all 4 loops on hook. Cluster made. *Chain 1, skip next SC, make cluster in next ch 1 space* across. End with DC in last SC on row. DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
- Picking up CC loop from previous row pull through loop on hook. Drop MC. With CC work SC in top of 1st DC, CH1, *now working in between next 2 clusters on previous row, SC, CH 1* across to end. SC in top of chain 3 from previous row. DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
- Go back to beginning of this row &Pick up MC and make chain 3 in 1st SC, work clusters in each chain 1 space across. DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
- Work rows 5 & 6 in pattern until you have reached desired length. End with a row of SC in MC with RS facing you.
As I do not know what this is called, only how to do it (thanks to my Great Grandmother), I have no formal pattern. But it is really simple & if you do run into any issues let me know & I will be happy to help.
One other thing. You can get creative with this by changing contrasting colors and making a pattern. Rainbow effects are nice. Bright, bright colors with a black MC are very striking.
Anyway, it's yours now. Be creative. Make it your own. Have fun. AND Share!
Have a wonderful weekend Pals...