Pixie HeartStrings was inspired by all the little Pixies who are being raised by other family members when their parents are unable to do so...

Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Great Week...


Hi Pixie Pals!
What a great week this has been! It has been very productive for me...
I heard of a newborn baby boy who will be going to live with his Gramma. My heart went out to her. It is not easy to take on a newborn later in life. I pray she will have the support of others to help her. But I also know that he will bring her great joy...
To welcome him into his new, loving home I sent over this little hat & diaper cover set. Simple & Sweet.


I love the over-sized button on the front of the diaper cover. I used snaps to actually close it... 

I made this cute Crown & Diaper cover for my Etsy Shop! So adorable and I think they would make for the cutest photos ever! The pattern for the Crown came from here. The diaper cover is just a simple pattern I have been making for many years...

Crown & Diaper Cover Set
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/little-prince-hat

Diaper Cover with Crown Applique
I have a dear friend who is raising her beautiful granddaughter. The little Pixie just turned 4 years old recently. She is so sweet. 
Sadly, her Mom could not find her way out of her depression and addictions and took her own life, forever altering the lives of those who loved her most. My heart breaks for them. 
I made this little dress for her to take on her vacation that is coming up soon. Just a little something she can slip on when she goes out for the day or to dinner with her "Gwammy". I added all the flowers to the bodice because she loves to help her Gwammy in the garden. So precious...


Floral Bodice...

I hope this brings a smile to this sweet little girl! May she only know love & happiness for the rest of her life...

I also made this sailor hat for the shop. I LOVE a sailor hat on babies! My youngest son had golden curls & chubby cheeks when he was a baby. When he wore his sailor hat the curls would pop out from the bottom and he looked like an angel. Making this hat reminded me of those early years. So long ago, but still a wonderful memory...


So this has been a great week! I feel like I really accomplished a few things...
I hope that your week has been great too!  
Be sure to visit me on my Pixie HeartStrings Facebook page and let me know what is on the other end of your hook! 

XOXOX,
Susie

P.S.
Today, was my birthday. I had a nice quiet day at home with my dear hubby and my not so little anymore Pixie. We had a late brunch and then celebrated with this pretty cake they got for me...

I am grateful they didn't risk a fire hazard and kept the candles to only four...
Like I said, It was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!